A warm flavorful bowl of goodness
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 c chopped onion
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 T chili Powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1- 15oz can kidney beans, undrained
- 1- 14.5oz can Cantadina stewed tomatoes, Roma Style
- 2 8oz cans Hunt's Basil, Garlic, Oregano tomato sauce
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over med-low heat. Add onions, beef, garlic, season with light salt and pepper. Sauté until onions are translucent and beef is brown. Be sure to stir the mixture while cooking to avoid it sticking and ensure the beef crumbles. Drain oil.
- In the same pot, add the remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, then immediately reduce to low. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Ladle into a bowl or pour over a fresh-baked potato. Sprinkle with your favorite cheese, Fritos, or cornbread. Bon Appetit!
Other recipes you might like