Tender and full of flavor. That's what you'll get when you bite into this pot of goodness.
- 1 1/2 lbs. stewed beef
1 medium onion (diced)
4 fresh carrots (diced)
3 large potatoes (1 in dice)
1 c Guinness Extra Stout Beer
1 c beef broth
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 bay leaves, 2 sprigs of rosemary, 1 T dried thyme
- In a Dutch oven, heat 2 T of Olive oil on med-high. Brown the stew meat evenly on all sides. Add onions. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour beer in the pot, scraping the bottom to loosen any brown bits. Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the potatoes. Stir.
- Bring to a quick boil, then lower temperature to med-low. Periodically stirring. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Stir. Cook for about 1 hour or until beef and potatoes are tender. If juices are running low, add more broth.
- Always check the taste of your broth especially when adding more liquid. What your broth tastes like, your stew will mirror. Adjust seasonings if needed. Remove bay leaf and rosemary twigs. Serve with Irish Soda bread. Recipe on website. Enjoy!
It's always a good idea to season your meat before cooking it. We recommend seasoning it with at least garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Other recipes you might like